Saturday, July 08, 2006

OUR MINDS

The morning phone call woke me up from my sleep. In fact, it was the vibration of the call alert that hit me on my head.

Hello, I tried to identify the caller.

Oh that was someone from my camp, uh huh?

Are you free to do guard duty now? We've used up our stand-bys and we're desperate, the person replied.

I reasoned and gave a swift no, I've got some serious appointments today - which is true anyway. Though I feel really bad later.

If another soldier is caught in such a sticky situation, he perhaps would have retorted with the infamous, don't make your problem my problem you understand! And how is such a statement supposed to bolster or gratify in the cohesion of our team? Aren't we supposed to work in unison, like red in our national flag which symbolizes brotherhood?

Oh well, this is a perplexing world of double standards sardined-packed with self-centering idealogy. And crap, I've been seeing her in my dreams. And it usually ends up in a happy ending contrary to the past. This is as exasperatingly weird as it sounds. It's like how you have bad dreams over the same scenerios for a period of time and then you get the opposite after something drastic happens. The human mind is unfanthomable.

And what?

We only use less than one-tenth of our brain?

1 Comments:

At 2:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home