Wednesday, June 27, 2007

IRK ME

I'm feeling so devoid of life.

I spent the last 15 minutes trying to get a connection near the pool, literally hopping from one spot to another hoping to receive some decent signal from my neighbours. Infact, in total I went to 3 different areas and ended up at one which is just outside my house. And I'm using my own wireless connection this time. Hah.

Okay, these few weeks have been so lousy, it's forcing me out of my eggshell. I feel like transforming into the real me, not hiding behind some kind of religious facade and subdued by the entanglements of my own faith. It's totally wearisome trying to become someone that I'm not. I feel like I'm living in a bubble that's ready to explode anytime.

I have this little book which I carry with me wherever I go. It is the book of St Luke. And I have been trying to make some sense out of it. I don't understand how to bless a person who persecutes me all the time. The carnal side of me prays, "If it is your will, allow me to command fire from heaven and burn this dude to nothingness and may he find debauchery in the pitts of hell and also dance in the lakes of burning sulpur like the way he dances in zouk!" Right then, the spiritual kevin intercedes, "Lord, bless him who persecutes and may your love touches him as it melts his prodigal heart!" Sometimes, I'm really wish to pick the former. And I struggle so hard with it. If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you for sinners do the same? But do good to those who curse you. And pray for those who plot to kill you.

I'm like OMG. I was about to replace that with WTF.

This is the real christian life, not the bed of roses as depicted by false literature. It's about doing what the word says and not yielding to the basic humane flesh, even if it seems totally irrational. Everyone in this world is finding some kind of contentment in life. Some people like having lots of money, believing that cash can buy them the finest things in the world. Some people like being notoriously famous. They pride themselves as the center of attraction and the star of every party.

Me? I'm a simple person actually. And there was a HSBC commercial which I identified very closely with. It says that life is wonderful when you have good health, financial stability and meaningful relationships. As I thought about it, I realised that every factor is dependent on each other. When you have a poor health, your finance suffers and your relationships with people strain. When you have poor finance, you work your butts off everyday and your health suffers.

To sum it all, I'm going to share one last point. One friend told me that everyone in this world is looking for joy. And the secret is this. The way to joy is to put Jesus first and Others before Yourself. Notice J.O.Y?

Hah. Some food for thought. I'm immensely glad that I could finally spend this coming weekend without any form of guard duties. So much for now.

Ciaos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home