Monday, February 12, 2007

PUTTING TOGETHER

I feel really stretched and distressed as I sit down behind my computer typing this entry.

Because of the many thoughts that are randomly twirling in my head like sugar forming to become a ball of cotton candy. Anyway, I really thank God that I'm still sane after all these while. Increasingly, Romans 8:28 is speaking to me at a greater intensity and yielding a stronger conviction.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (KJV)

As I look back in tears, I discover how every fateful event, adversity and difficult experience has brought about painful but valuable life lessons. Because it is in its nature so real and mundane, it could happen anytime to possibly anyone. It seems that pain and value walks hand in hand.

I see how I was placed with a friend to reveal a long-standing sin of a fellow brother. I see how the thoughts of a mate had taught me about legalistic Christianity and its effects on those inflicted by its ideology. I see how past torn relationships had taught me to treasure people more. I see how a low self esteem that had used to consume me dispelling and fading away by a conviction of an acute truth of life and eternity. I see how a church that had shaped me for a good 5 years taught me a good gospel, instilling a firm theological foundation and sadly adverting from one highly arguable aspect of the truth, by which I mean the logos. I see how a substantial charismatic preacher worked wonders and another whose prophecies was invalid.

Simply, I see how I've changed throughout these years.

But I'm forever grateful that I still have Jesus in my heart.

2 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Phoebe said...

Hello, Kevin.
Wow, I don't know what happened, bu I remember that I once surf your blog before, I mean.. I remember the piture you posted on your blog. Amazing!!
Thank you for saying that, everything is much better now. Thank you.

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Edmond said...

Hey Kel! Good to hear that U're drawing closer to God and getting more encouraged in CHC. Do remember that joy is not a product of circumstances or the environment, but a state of a heart that's fallen in love with Jesus. My sincere prayer is that whether U're in CHC or in Crystal, your joy will be deep in Him. Stay close to Jesus and make Him the keeper of your heart and emtions. Being emo is what makes U unique, use those emotions for the Lord. I'm sure one day U will become less emo and not swing so much. Don't fall in love with people so easily k? Being in love is much more than just feelings but also finding someone whom U can serve God with. Claudia once said if U do not know how to love God U won't know how to love another person. God bless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home