Monday, March 10, 2008

GOD PROVIDES

It feels so easy to dismiss God and attribute it to coincidence or pure luck each time a prayer is answered or a need met.

Maybe it's just humane, or me?

Some three weeks ago, I conveniently walked away leaving my sweet old Fujifilm F11 on some random bench after seeing my baby home. And it felt like I had lost a part of me when I realised that my camera was missing - like waking up to 9 fingers in the morning or something. Now, discounting the fact that I'm a cam-he-whore (I know that sounds crude), the camera still had a certain sentimental value which meant a great deal to me. It's like thrashing your first ever worn crocodile underpants. Okay, I take that back. I would actually have it all burnt with crimson and salt it if it's all stained with unexplainable yellow patches, covered with worm holes and all the loosened and wrinkled old-granny-styled rubber band that bit onto the waist.

Right, that's big time grotesque.

Anyway, it so happened that I was accompanying my parents to buy an MP3 player yesterday at the IT fair when my Dad decided to get me a new camera. Before he made the purchase, he wore a secret frown on his face only I could see. My mum was standing at the side obviously lukewarm to his decision. But I knew so clearly that it was a love gesture even though they were annoyed by the fact that I could so conveniently lose my stuff. Sometimes they make me feel like a little boy who needs some more time to grow up. Akin to Hugh Grant who needed more time to grow up in the movie - About A Boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home