Monday, October 15, 2007

SAY HI TO KELMO

Yesterday's sermon was good. Pastor Kong spoke about circumstances. It refers to the particular cycle of event which we temporarily stand, as we understand from the word circum (think circumference) and stance (standing). He addressed the problem of how we can be too etched to an certain event in a cycle of events that it begins to have a foothold in our lives. For example, we experienced a bad relationship in our younger years and still hold on to the fears of insecurity and anxiety even in adulthood. We need to understand that once a particular event passes us by, we trust God and look forward into our future with faith and love.

I was telling Ping that every Sunday service seems to be like a motivational talk. But we figured that it was more than a mere Adam Khoo's seminar. It is God infusing new strength and hope for each passing week to keep us going for His purpose.

I had time to do a little reflection recently. As I've mentioned before, I know I'm not a golden vessel. I don't even see myself as a bronze vessel even. But I am surely a broken vessel and perpetually learning to be an yielding vessel. I compare myself a year ago and realised that there are some bad habits I've not gotten rid of. But at the same time, I also found myself embracing a new wineskin and a renewed mind. As Pastor always reiterate, Your life doesn't change with time. It changes only when your thinking changes.

Yesterday was also East Coast Park day. Hah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home