Wednesday, August 22, 2007

THE GOD IDEA

It's half past 12 now but I could not get to sleep because my hair is still wet from a bath. I just came back home not too long ago from Prayer Meeting at Expo. And boy, I dozed off in the bus till I miss my stop and had to take another bus back. Shucks! But I'm thankful that I had attended PM. There is a song that goes like this, "Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere." Truly, dwelling and worshiping in the presence of God together with the body of Christ is euphoric. It's more than the hype, excitement and the stirring up of hearts. These things are important but what's more vital is the receiving of His love and peace that so simply melts your heart like chocolate in an oven.

I'm glad to be part of something that is far greater than myself. And I call it the Kingdom of Heaven. An invisible Kingdom yet.

I have a friend who thinks that Christianity is a set of man-made teachings solely catered for the hopeless and broken hearted. He calls them the false hopes and insist that the bible are mere stacks of letters manipulated by ancient man to alleviate the sufferings of the weak and dying who accept these false hopes. The skeptics could debate till the cows go home.

Science could not prove that God exist. Neither could science disprove of God's existence. It's somewhat a bet really. At the end of our lives, if my friend was right about his hypothesis, neither of us will lose out anything. But if my God is true, then - oh boy - my friend would have everything to lose.

2 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Glenn said...

hey kevin! its me glenn. i have zero idea why i cant tag at ur tagboard. anyways if u happen to see this comment. i'm asking for ur permission to copy that last paragraph on THE GOD IDEA and put in my blog alright hahaa. of course i'll state the copyright. but WOW i can totally agree with this thing.

AND before i end, DOTA rocks hahahaa.you can always msn me if u lack players haa =)

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger kevin said...

hi there! sure you can use! (: Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home