Monday, July 30, 2007

22

I'm 22 today and totally apathetic.

No, I wasn't on drugs but I didn't feel like doing anything this year. I wasn't interested in a party, a barbecue dinner or any form of whatever. And don't misunderstand me, I'm not depressed. In fact, I am pretty oblivious to my senses. Hah. All I want to do now is to finish up my NS and - BANG! - I'll be in some faraway studying in a university.

Maybe I'm just a little melancholic, a little confused. But I usually try to smile as much as I can. Actually I can't wait to be 23, then I can sing the song 23 by Jimmy Eat World! Hah. This is pathetic. But I need a guitar.

Anyway, I had my deliverance yesterday and I'm feeling very relived now! Rev Mike Connell prudently administered the service as he had everyone recite the renunciation prayer. After which, we were prayed for by the counselors and - BOY! - I manifested like I was possessed, falling onto the ground and screaming frantically as the Holy Spirit purged the smutches in me. They are otherwise known as unclean spirits. As the people responded to the altar calls, the entire hall which housed the whopping few thousands was echoed with shrieks, moaning and cries. Any unbeliever there would probably be freaked out by scenes of uncontrollably screaming and falling bodies cringing to some kind of invisible force.

As the time of ministry mellowed, everyone began to worship. Thank God the worship leader could still sustained. There were still occasional happenings at various parts of the hall. Never in my life have I felt God's presence so strongly (with the exception at Benny Hinn's crusade) as we sung. Sometimes we don't need science to prove something. I felt the spirit like a rushing steam washing into the crowd waves upon waves. And I'm telling you that that feeling is something worth dying for.

Technically, it beats smoking cigarettes. (:

As I prayed and worshiped, I asked God softly "will you let me experience the laughter the choir had during the Benny Hinn's healing meeting?" If you're rolling your eyes now, this laughter is commonly known as the holy laughter or slain in the spirit, drunk in the spirit or the Toronto Blessing which you can read about it here at Wikipedia. A few moments later, pastor Derrick blessed the congregation and I fell onto my seat and started laughing hysterically. At this point, I had 100% control of my own body (contrary to most presumptions) but I chose to release and allow myself to enjoy the special touch of the Spirit. After a while, I picked myself up and prayed for a second dosage. And guess what? A few moments later, I fell onto my seat and started laughing again. It was a really wonderful feeling.

Look people, if these weren't true, I wouldn't have told you.

And thank God for those who prepared the little cake for me. Love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home