Friday, August 24, 2007

EVERY LITTLE THING

I have to honor to deliver a heartfelt You Raised Me Up by Josh Groban to bless the teachers and children of GEMS church on Teachers' day. And I'm so excited to serve because it makes me gleeful supernaturally.

I have learnt that each time we serve, we can boldly remind God of His promises. God is never too early nor too late. He delivers what He promise at His own perfect timing. Nevertheless, I would always pester God with my ranting prayers when I grow impatient. Hah. And I also learnt that God is never tired of hearing prayers. Strangely enough, He loves our prayers - even whinny ones.

Matthew 6.33 says "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Matthew 10 : 29 - 31, "Are not two sparrows sold for a small coin? Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father's knowledge. Even all the hairs of your head are counted. So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

So very often, I would reason with God like this,

My coolest Daddy in the world, please understand (as you can see) that I'm financially broke now because I've decided to show love to my brother in obedience to you. Just last week, I bought David a $30 book by Joyce Meyer to strengthen his faith and treated him to a meal at Fish & Co to soften his heart. PS: He wanted Fish & Co when I asked him to choose freely. Shucks! I also took the extra faith last Saturday to put an extra $20 into the offering bag because I felt so blessed by your word two Sundays ago. I thank you that David is responding to your love now!

Father, you know my pockets are empty but I'm not in lack. Because You're Jehovah Jireh my Provider. You are the Creator of this Universe and all the riches in the world belongs to you. You say that I'm more worthy than sparrows for even you feed them. What more, me your precious child and heir of your kingdom? As I continue to serve and seek your Kingdom, you promise to add unto me all that I need. Propers me financially, grant to me favour from men and opportunities to do well at my workplace. Give me the social influence that I need so that I can be effective for you.

And then I'll wait and look forward to a harvest. (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home