Saturday, June 02, 2007

02-06-07

These are some people whom I want to thank for alleviating my rather rotten day.

Miranda

Most beloved cell group leader, mentor, friend & Ta Jie Jie. Thank you for the prayers at the wee hours of the morning when I called. And also the encouragement and heart-warming SMSes you sent me. Definitely, I have learnt more in the solitude of my room than the hours spent on stage and perhaps, performing and strutting my stuff for my little own glory and gratification. Today, I was reminded about the I-axle and the Christ axle. I want my life to be driven and complete by the latter. Thank God for Pastor Kong.

Ngu

My true brother, camp pal, talk-cock buddy, movie enthusiast partner. Thank you for your advice and concern and how you would selflessly offer to carry a chunk of this burden. If there's one reason for me to heave a sign of relief, it would be you.

Clara

Friend, little sister, possibly .. a fan? Thank you for all the energy you have shown me since the beginning of the competition. I still remember during the audition when you were helpful to lend me a guitar. I remember the encouraging words you said to me each time I walk past you in the hall. And I can never forget how you actually called me in the afternoon just to tell me that you've prepared a banner for me! Thank you so much sister. You moved me alot, alot.

Ming Jie, Kim, Han Nee, Crist, Clarence, Yi Liang, HuiMin, Kailing, Adraint & Jer

My wondrous W408 siblings in Christ. My family. My friends. Thank you for ALL ALL ALL the encouragement! It was massive; my inbox was packed with at least 15 SMSes! Your words have transformed the dull moments of the afternoon and the night into something positive, strong and heartening. Ming Jie wrote, "Hey Kel, hope that you're fine. Stay strong. You're the champion in our hearts." My heart melted when I saw that message. And I couldn't help but smile. BIG HUGS!

Often we undergo adversity and when a breakthrough seems like the most unlikely thing to happen, it's humane to question just like the doubting thomas.

God, aren't you the sovereign creator of the Heavens and the Earth? How could you allow something like that to happen to me? Aren't you going to care or save me from these afflictions? Can't you see? Can't you hear?

The Psalm declares: "I will lift up my eyes to the hills. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth."

I personally believe that God freely gives us all good things. However, there are times when God allows not so nice situations to happen to us. He did not plan for them, but he allows them to occur.

There is one not-so-nice situation that is taking place in my life lately, which also has caused alot of grief. Many times I tried to believe in faith that God will turn things upside down but week after week, the ideal is far from reach. So when doubts of his love and refudge came daunting my mind, I naturally wrestled with God.

There is one thing that was especially evident during this period however.

I grew closer to Him. I may not conduct myself as the holiest of holy at this point. But my dependency on Him enlarged as I began to yield. I could put all the blame on God and walk away from the faith, Look God, you aren't really the saviour you call yourself to me. Instead, my situation revealed to me that there will be times when human strength fails, when naked eyes fail to see, when human wisdom fails and when the great plans are defeated.

Ultimately, are we that in control of our lives?

If you're also going through a rough patch, perhaps, it's God's way of saying, Come hide under my wings. We'll walk through these paths of rocky grounds together.

My 5 cents worth. Hah.

1 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Creative Designer said...

Hey there.

Check out my new line

Dior Productions.

http://sethhilton.blogspot.com/

Feel free to drop by any comment.s

 

Post a Comment

<< Home