Thursday, May 17, 2007

MUSIC, THE PAST AND ME

Forget Beyonce, Mika or Nelly Furtado for a moment. And take a listen to Kings Of Convenience. And if you're wondering, no - it's not a movie title.

I have been glued to this track - I Don't Know What I Can Save You From. The same rhythmic riffs that pleasure my ears. The melodious guitar solos that make me press repeat upon each listen. Yes, they're musicians! You finally learnt!

Enough said, go check out http://www.kingsofconvenience.com/

Average looking duo. Classically trained. Two classical guitar. Low octave vocals.

And their music just captured my heart again.

A singer-songwriter friend of mine who started writing at the age of 9 once commented that spoon-fed Singaporeans are highly dependent on the radio and that their music influence is limited to what's blazing on their stereo.

Yeah, we all know about Electrico, Linsay Lohan, Hilary Duff, Justin Timberlake, Britney on her rehabilitation program and Paris Hilton heading to jail. And we miss out on the fine musicians like Jimmy Eat World, Tori Amos and ahem .. me! Haha!

Anyway, I went to print some 100 photos this evening. And gee, they only cost 20 cents per print. So it costs me 20 bucks for the 100 prints. And darn, they don't provide free photo album! I need to haunt for a super big one to contain 100 photos. Or you could just bless me with one! Hah!

As I was looking at the photos, I found myself smiling sheepishly as I recall the memories of the past. I guess the time when I was most happy was when Bitter Liberty first started. Our band did not play the best music nor have staged the greatest gig but surely, we had the greatest time. I really miss those times.



And also this girl who appears in my mind from time to time. Kinda funny, but I don't have an explanation for it.



I wish I could go back to those memories of innocence.

1 Comments:

At 1:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh kev... you guys looked really young back then. It's good to keep the memories. (:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home