Sunday, May 13, 2007

HARD TIMES

When I think about tomorrow, all I can think of is guard duty after work at 4. And to many people, guard duty is perceived as an unnecessary chore and pretty much the worst activity next to field camp. Guard duty make you feel like a watch-dog, a condominium security officer and giving you barely enough sleep to last the next day. One of my friend even suggested that the army should employ CISCO guards to watch over our camps. Hah. How ridiculous! But as the saying goes, there is two sides to a coin. And the only one thing that I can thank God for during duty is time with Jesus.

When I prowl, I talk to God. When I am a sentry, I sing to God too. And very often, it keeps me vigilant.

Many things have occured lately. And most of which are heart wrenching and causing me alot of grief. Thankfully I'm learning to cope with hope from God and support from my cell group leader and the closer friends in cell. One guy even wrote me a note to encourage. With all that kindness and support shown, my mind literally distincts the cold and self-gratifying world from the warm and ever loving family of God.

How can I live without God and His people? I can never imagine.

1 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Edmond said...

SAFTI atually has Cisco guards to prowl. So our guard duty is mainly sentry. When I hit 3SG, it was a different story. We do 24 hour duty, report in the morning, count e no. of cadets who ate in the cookhouse, deploy the guards, make the cadets do flag raising and flag lowering. My friend actually nearly got 7 extras when the flag was at half-mast. He didn't check and it dropped. Half-mast means your president has died. Ha...Be thankful for 12hour shifts man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home