Wednesday, April 04, 2007

FALLING FOR YOU

I hate that same old feeling when you hopelessly fall for someone so special. That same old vulnerability that cringes your spine and endlessly sets you thinking if she would love you back in the end. That same old stifling grasp that forces you to simmer or risk another heartbreak. That same old i love you that resonates by your ears as you close your eyes and put yourself to sleep.



And Saori, I think you're lovely (:

For the past week, I have been pondering which word best describes me - fatuous or imprudent. I thought about it and arrived at the word both. One friend describes my singlehood as a breakthrough. I was like WHAT THE HECK! It is funny really as I look back and feel amused by my casaanovish chronicles. So as I continue to grow spiritually, I begin to see life at a different angle. I tell myself that I want to live for something bigger than me, myself and I. And I'm ubberly grateful to God for putting me where I am especially in this aspect.

There're a couple of revelations that struck me last month. I shall attempt to share one today.

The first one is about legalistic christianity. Over the years, I have encountered teachings dealing with the worldly marketplace and how we should instead retreat to holy grounds. Believers have been advised to stay away from hard rock music, trendy apparels, secular careers, fashion, celebrity and that latest whatever hiphop in town. Heavy music with clashy drums and distorting electric guitar have been taught to be instruments of the devil and are hence removed from church worship. And the local cinema is said to be the devil's playground where he plants seeds of destruction in the mind of the indulgence.

So one fine morning while I was listening to this song titled King Of The Stereo by this metal-rock band Saliva (which I think is a great song anyway), I asked myself, who really is the King of the Stereo? Then, flashes of popular musicians such as Metallica, Joe Satriani, Kanye West, Rage Against The Machine, Led Zeppelin, My Chemical Romance, Black Sabbath and Fall Out Boy came into my mind. One thing common among these artistes is the powerful influence their music have on their fans. It is worrying lately, that people are turning to lyrics that promote profanities, the curse of the society, racism, the bad childhood, the abusive drunken father and how people are recklessly killing one another for whatever reasons.

At the back of my head, I see Satan pretty much dominating the music scene, as He actively propagates the spirit of individualism, idoltary and the many peril familiar to man. Then I thought, why can't we use these weapons of the devil against him?! I can jolly use a rap song to speak of God's goodness from A to Z! I can use everything - heavy metal, R&B, poprock, emo-rock, english pop, chinese pop, malay rock, tamil rock to praise Jesus!

Psalms 150 says:

1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.

2 Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.

3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.

4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.

5 Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.

6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home