Sunday, April 02, 2006

BACK!

I finally got the time to pen an entry after I last did some 3 weeks ago.

I'm booking in today at 1900. Technically I have about 10 hours on mainland before Penguin Express transports us back to Pulao Tekong. So, how's the army life? Everyone seems to be asking the same question and ruffling my 'hair' at the same time. Think Sherry! Ha.

The army is quite a fun but challenging experience. It is a tough training ground. Besides mere physical strength, the mental strength is constantly battled, provoked and strengthened. You learn to obey and execute commands like robots. Also surprisingly, I have put on some decent amount of weight since the first day of enlistment. Woots!

Some interesting stuff to note:

i) The food served in the cook-house, contrary to public opinion, is very much comparable to your average hawker food.

ii) You are somewhat influenced to a wide volcabulary of vulgarities in there.

iii) You inevitably get to glace at at least 7 butt cracks and gentials on an average day.

iv) Contrary to public opinion again, it's not that easy to pick up smoking. Remember that cigarettes are scared there.

v) The net value of a recruit amasses to the value of an algae. We are possibly the lowest life form.

Some weekly updates
  • I've passed my 2.4km with 11 minute 40 seconds! Woots!
  • I survived 4km route march with FBO. Almost died!
  • Failed standing board jump. Damn!
Okay, gotta run now for church. Will embark on my shopping spree after service. More cup noodles and oreos for the week! Ha!

Till then, tada!

2 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when is ur snigapore idol routine gon be on again?

will you even still participat?
thanks

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger kevin said...

did not go for the 2nd audition though my pc granted me permission. thought that absence from exercise will snowball to greater consequences. ha. will try again next year if sg idol is hosting again. (:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home