Thursday, August 07, 2008

CULTURAL SHOCK

Learning in Murdoch or possibly Australia should I say, is radically different from all the 13 years of education experienced back in Singapore.

Perhaps the hearsay amounts to some kind of truth after all.

In Singapore, students open their mouths in school. And teachers feed them with knowledge, formula and solutions. YUM YUM.

Hmm.. more food for you kiddo?


Over here, we're expected to learn for ourselves and IT'S SHOCKING ME!

There aren't really any points to memorize so that we can replicate on exams papers. But here, we are to grasp and internalize concepts. Taking my last tutorial for example, we spoke on the topic on institution.

Discuss institution!

Ehh.. you mean Singapore Institution of Management yo?


And tutors here serve as a resource than a teacher. So I reckon I have to mug and read up alot. This is bad. I'm so not used to this. And I foresee a heap of essay writings coming my way.

Here's one which just rocked me off my chair.

Topic: Critically evaluate the theory that the moon is made of green cheese.

I'm like *#$^*@&#^*$ ?!

It would really help if I've taken General Paper back in Singapore. But still, all these years of blogging should amount to something! (I know Charlene is going to laugh at this! RAWR!)

Chilling out in the winter cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home