Tuesday, January 01, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR

A Happy & Blessed New Year to Everyone!

It has been almost forever since I last penned.

Okay, I don't actually pen since I don't use a pen. Oh well. Hah.

It's already 2.45AM and she's probably asleep right now. So I thought, alright since I'm still alive, I shall just text a sweet SMS and blog an entry. See, that truly explains my super duper dark eye ring that my mum rants about.

Tell you to sleep, you whole night play computer hor?
Ehh, I was doing work Mum. But I slept pretty early, say 3 plus?
Don't come and bluff me, your room is still lit at 5AM ok!
Oh man. Kena owned! *suck thumb*

Recently, I learned that a friend of mine is working at a Taiwan recording studio in Shang Hai. Unlike myself, Frederick Lin is an experienced singer-songwriter-pianoist who ventures heavily into mandarin songs. So I went to his site, listened to his songs and fell in love with this track titled 多一秒爱着你. You could take a listen here, and be amazed by the talent we have in Singapore.

Frederick Lin's Site - http://www.fred-lin.com

Sigh! If only I had been less flippant towards Chinese in secondary school, I could be writing and singing chinese songs now! Oh well, I shall embark on my personal speak cheena campaign. So please converse with me in mandarin the next time we meet. Gee, I hope it's not to late. Hah.

Photos with the guys.



Last Saturday, we had our cell group thanksgiving party. And it was wonderful beyond description! Aside from all the fun and excitement, I felt a sense of reassurance that W408 is a potential powerhouse despite all natural limitations and our corporate perception of whether we are good enough to split red seas or not. Like what Pastor always reiterates, we're a bunch of ordinary people serving an extraordinary God. The bible says that obedience commands blessings. It's a paradox to think of how God has no choice but to release blessings when we're obedient. But then again, obedience is no easy task. If Jesus commands us to love God with our heart, soul, mind and strength, it also means that we love God more than our feelings, hormones, life agendas and ambitions. In other words, we perform a certain action despite our lethargy, apathy and possibly, disdain. No wonder, narrow are the gates to the Kingdom.



And I've also gotten the Sun-Shine award! Hah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home