Sunday, September 24, 2006

SINGAPORE IDIOTS

I can't believe what I've just seen on TV!

The Singapore Idol Finals was A TOTAL PIECE OF CRAP!

And I'm not saying this just because I'm feeling jealous, green-eyed, envious or kuku-fied (as introduced by Brother David) .

In my opinion, the second season of Singapore Idol reflects poorly on our minute but significant pool of local music talents. To start off based on tonight's performance, Jonathan Leong can't really sing and Hady doesn't behave like an idol! The former's applauded true-to-yourself personality and support for local music (what lackluster for the grand finals really!) will not earn him the title. Jonathan lacks strong vocals and flexibility. And to think the judges all gave positive comments after he sang his second song (which was the worse of all three really)! If you did observe, Ken was actually pretty reluctant to commend. And heck, this is the finals and the producers probably reminded the panel that all is to give only positive feedbacks! Oh what the hell! His competitor Hady, on the other hand has outshone him both vocally and in terms of stage presence. Hady can definitely sing but sad to say, his demeanor portrays himself no more than a sheer singing pretty face. Hady lacks character depth and should learn to smile like a doll when NECESSARY only. He seriously beams too much for his own good and that gives away the impression that he's pretending to be someone else. Like a perpetually smiley mask, facade, front. You know how these TV producers would tell their artistes to pretend to be someone else and show their teeth all the time on camera! Okay, at least Jonathan deserves some plus points for this area. He usually says the right thing on screen (forgiving but cliche) and he acts like himself and that makes him cool.

To be frank if you ask me, I won't want any of these two to win! Okay, maybe Jon. But I would rather Nurul or Paul or someone else. And I'm not saying this because I've worked with Nurl and sang with Paul. Okay, so much for my 5 cents worth.

It dreads to know the results tomorrow!

Arggggghh!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home