Tuesday, September 02, 2008

STUDY BREAK

A note plastered on our common door to keep our alcohol intoxicated mates from making too much noise! Shhhhh..



The next picture was taken on our way to Freo market to get our groceries for the week!



I reckon my cooking skills have improved since the day I came to Australia. In the past, I only knew instant noodles. But now, I can fix myself and even my mates some chicken rice, pasta and fried rice! Someone once commented that a man's ability to cook adds on to his net value. If that is true, I am worthed a little much more now! And I'm ready to impress and inspire the girlfriend with my 'signature style' pasta alla carbonara when I return for the holidays. PS: I've been persuading her to learn some cooking but to no avail. Maybe my delicious cooking might do the job. Heh.

Most parents are too paranoid to allow their kids to venture aboard. But in fact, living outside of Singapore for some time can be an advantage, though it also means I have to fully take charge of my own laundry, cooking, paying of bills, grocery shopping and discipline. These are the common things that we as singaporean youths take for granted, don't we? We expect our favourite t-shirt to appear in our wardrobe the next time we look for it. We expect food to be on the dining table by 7PM. We expect our parents to settle our mobile and internet bills while we freely utilize them. Now, I've learned to appreciate my parent and those around me so much more. I feel I've growed in maturity a tiny weeny bit. Thank God!

1 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger Luke said...

So this is what you do when we're not home Kelvin? Climb on the walls and sit on the dining room table? Don't worry, I'd do it too if I was home alone :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home