Saturday, September 27, 2008

EMO HAIR

I just came back from a showcase at UWA, University Of Western Australia. Named Search For A Star, this is an annual evangelical event organized by Zion Praise Harvest church which primarily reaches out to university students in Perth. I would picture it as a scaled-down equivalent of Emerge back home due to its modest-sized congregation. But honestly, I think that it is pretty remarkable for uni students to run the entire set, from the sound equipment, stage lighting, audio consoles to the drama and dancing. Having seated at the first row, I had a good view of slapstick acting and pretty girls dancing. It was nice and raw energy. But I was pretty annoyed that my digital camera could not capture properly due to the low lighting. Now, that reinforces the need for a D-SLR. What say you?!



And this shall be my new emo hair. No more blue adidas cap. I might consider dreadlocks sometime next year. But I'll have to consult the girlfriend first. Ha.



I was chatting with my cousin over MSN and she was quick to ask if life in perth was a havoc. Her exact quote was "wester country? haha clubbing, drinking, happening night life and all". Hah. I shall take this opportunity to address this misconception. Contrary to popular thinking plausibly formulated by the mass media, it's actually pretty boring in Perth. Can't you tell from my photos? Ha. The happening places are in eastern Australia like Sydney, Melbourne and Gold Coast. Perth is a place for retiree man.

And this is my story board assignment. Hah. It's a draft, so you might not make out anything out of it.

1 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha - too funny! Check this out for even more: emo !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home