Wednesday, January 24, 2007

TWIRLING EMOTIONS

I was deciding whether to blog or rest in bed until the following SMS came reading:

"gee, you went offline just like that?! ha"

Okay, I shall not reveal who that came from lest she starts nagging about her name appearing too many times on my site. Heh. It was about 1AM when I drew Jasmine out from the shelves and brought it to my bed. I knew I had work on her, desperately.

Jasmine - the ever feminine name I bestowed to my MacBook. Stop fantasizing! ;p

Anyway, I'll start of with something intriguing. A couple of days ago, I was browsing friendster (if you do not know what friendster is, buy a pistol and shoot yourself) and was flabbergasted to see pictures of my peers smartly donned in wedding gowns, suits and ties. Surely, it took no rocket scientist to figure that they were married.

Why would someone at my age decide to settle down so quickly? For your information, I'm 21, and already feeling like a grandfather or Santa Claus (without the belly) or the wrinkled poor neighbourhood janitor whichever. I battled in my mind and finally came up with several sane and logical reasons to justify the act.

Reason 1 - Love Plunge

You love your partner so much you can't bear living one day without her. So you decide to enter into a civil registered marriage with your partner and seal your fate once and for all.

Reason 2 - Money

Your parnter is filthy rich, like Spears or Hilton. And you can't wait to marry, divorce and rob half her assets to buy yourself a roof in Six Avenue and a BMW M6 Convertible.

Reason 3 - Crazy Women

Your partner is lunatic and has held your parents hostage. She demands you marry her and promises you an adversity, if otherwise.

Reason 4 - Desperado

No one has ever taken a second glance at you for 2 decades of your life. And one day lady luck shone and you're resolved to marrying her fast before you dumps you for another guy.

Reason 5 - The Baby

One of the most popular. Self explainatory. Period.

Having listed the above feasible reasons, I will, by no means attempt to probe into their affairs. Because to me, marriage is a BIG time thing if you taking into account of real lifetime responsibility and committment - living together, managing finances, working out careers, producing offsprings, putting food on the table, providing for your in-laws and a hundred million more! Oh man, this thought is too much to handle for my susceptible, demure and finite mind. Hah.

I think I shall just turn in now and think about this after 5 years, or never.

Getting many girlfriends is fun. Getting a wife, isn't. Oh well.

Okay, who wants to be my girlfriend now?

Haha. (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home