Sunday, October 08, 2006

FIGHT THE GREY SKIES

Ngu and myself have this crazy idea of coming out with an EP. As surreal as this sounds, he says he will take care of my album art whilst I do my music. Hah. So we drafted out a list of 40 band names to choose from. Some are outstandingly spastic!

But well, we don't know if we never try! Hah

  1. Sweet Summer
  2. Sally Goes Home
  3. Grey Skies
  4. Skyliners
  5. June Holidays
  6. Pluck Dasies
  7. Beautifully Broken
  8. Latte Latte
  9. Nothing But She
  10. Late Mid-West Skies
  11. Pancake Stories
  12. Take Vitamins
  13. Sweating In The Oven
  14. The Emo Player
  15. Lovely Natalie
  16. Sundae Hero
  17. Fuss Fuel
  18. Outdoor Gilmore
  19. Finding Natalie
  20. Pancake Stores
  21. Room For Square
  22. Boston
  23. Rachael Sits Down
  24. Bad Hair Day
  25. Falling Sideways
  26. Dizzy Up The Girl
  27. Mr Pocupine
  28. Jason Meets Jessie
  29. Three Shot Espresso
  30. Latte Decaff
  31. Some Chickens
  32. Hide And Sheet
  33. BeedSheet
  34. Pizza In The Morning
  35. Rachael In The Making
  36. Sandwich Bay
  37. Sam's Tasty Mutton Soup
  38. Chocolate Flavoured Hills
  39. Chocolate Bag
  40. Grandmother's Napkin
So we refined the list and the following are the top of the charts! Hah.

  1. Pluck Dasies (Ngu likes this ALOT for some unknown reason)
  2. Three Shot Espresso (One of my favourite; Shaun dissed this though)
  3. Chocolate Flavoured Hills (Sounds too Limp Bizkit though)
  4. Sandwich Bay (Sounds cool eh! Food's da idea!)
  5. Skyliners (Sounds like THE KILLERS sorta band)
  6. Late Mid-West Skies (MY MOST FAVOURITE!!)
  7. Falling Sideways (Onn Shaun's Favourite)
Anyway, I've written a new song lately. Inspired by the ex - once again. Hah. It sounds pretty yucky on the guitar so so I did a piano rendition on it using Garage Band and a newly bought cheapo condenser mic.




Fight the Grey Skies

How are you getting by
It has been 6 months and 3 whole weeks
Since the last time your scent surrounded me

We all change sometimes
When the people whom we love the most
They bring us down

And today and today I'll stay
For a while my heart has something to say

You can't fight the grey skies that way
Gotta stand tall cus God will save the day
I'm sorry that I've hurt you and make you cry
Let us still be glad to say our goodbyes

I don't know if you've heard me right
I guess words just ain't enough
To do a thing or pull a string

We'll pause to take our time
Under covers where I'll lay beside
Watching back our lives

I hear your silence as the wind
Comes blowing through me
You don't have to do a thing now anymore and ..

Take a listen here

And to rockstar wannabe Timmy, Happy Birthday! Time to grow up dude!



Lastly, I'm getting ride of my 1 year old Yamaha EZ20 keyboard. Selling it for 200 bucks with stand. Bought it for $450 then. Anyone interested?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home